I’ve ridden five events for charity, and so far I have raised over £1000.
- The first event was the Southend Bikeathon in 2012, where I raised £73 for cycling 43km (27 miles). This was to raise money for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.
- The second event was the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 in 2013, where I raised £150.20 for cycling 160km (100 miles). This was to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity.
- The third event was London-Southend in 2014, where I raised £120 for cycling 183km (113 miles) – I cycled to the start to double the distance. This was to raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
- The fourth event was the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 in 2018, where I raised £245 for the British Heart Foundation.
- The fifth event was the RideLondon-Essex 100 in 2022, where I raised £461 for Samaritans.
I enjoy cycling for the sake of it but feel it’s worth trying to raise money at the same time for these good causes.